Junior Accountant – Corporate Office
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Reports to: Controller
Contract: 3 months with potential to extend
Reporting directly to Delta Bingo & Gaming’s Controller, as our Junior Accountant, you will be responsible for accurately reporting daily revenue and recording monthly journal entries while working with a variety of internal teams as well as the OLG. This role requires an individual who can comfortably and proficiently work with Excel and enjoys problem solving to ensure numbers are balanced and reconciled.
As a Junior Accountant, you understand the basics of accounting and thrive on working independently in a fast-paced environment. Your attention to detail, can-do attitude and ability to multi-task are top notch.
Role and Responsibilities may evolve over time.
- Daily revenue reporting; review daily reporting for overage/shortage; review for errors or inconsistencies; Investigate errors with internal teams and make appropriate corrections and tie daily deposit recorded to the bank.
- Weekly reporting to the OLG
- Semi-weekly revenue forecast reports – requires updating excel template and reviewing for unusual fluctuations
- Prepare monthly reports and communicate results to key stakeholders
- Revenue month-end journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Investigation with internal teams regarding differences between their reported sales and system generated sales figures
- Filing of sales and HST slips for each facility
Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of accounting. Working towards or have achieved a degree or diploma in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Solid attention to detail is a must
- First-class Excel skills
- Ability to problem solve and investigate to ultimately balance reporting
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects within specified timeframes
- A proactive team player who is highly service orientated and able to positively react to changing priorities with a ‘can do’ attitude and completes tasks
About Delta Bingo & Gaming:
Founded in 1966, Delta Bingo & Gaming is a proud industry leader with 20 locations in Canada and the USA and over 900 employees in North America. At Delta, our mission is to create unique entertainment experiences that bring people together. Delta Bingo & Gaming’s centralized finance team is growing and is situated in Oakville, Ontario. We are excited to welcome a new member to the team.
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. Delta Bingo & Gaming is an Equal Opportunity Employer.